(L-R): Sieglinde Peterson, Carole Watson, Susy Elder Murphy, Donna Foust, Liz Zarate
Susy Elder Murphy (since 1993)
Susy Elder Murphy, BA, CMC joined Debra Levy Eldercare Associates in 1993, and helped build the practice in her long-time role as Director of Care Management. She assumed day-to-day responsibilities for running the business in the summer of 2012 and full ownership of the practice on June 1, 2013.
Susy is a Certified Care Manager, accredited by the National Academy of Certified Care Managers. She is also a member of the Aging Life Care™ Association and served as an at-large Board Member of their Mid-Atlantic Chapter from 2013 – 2015 and as President in 2016 and 2017. She also served as co-chair for their regional conference in 2014. Susy is also a member of the American Geriatric Society and co-chair of programming for the metro Washington, DC chapter. She is an active member of the boards of various organizations serving the needs of local seniors, including a hospice.
Susy’s first job working with older adults was as the Nutrition Director for a federally funded nutrition program in Hailey, Idaho. She was also the founding coordinator of JCA’s Connect-A-Ride program and a volunteer coordinator for the Family Friends program.
She attended Oberlin College and graduated with Honors from the University of Michigan. In addition to working with our clients, she enjoys baking for her family and exploring different cuisines and cultures with her husband and two adult children.
Sieglinde Peterson, BA, JD (since 2013)
Human Resources & Billing Manager
Carole Watson (since 2003)
Ruby Zavala (since 2010)
Key to Staff Credentials
- C-ASWCM – Advanced Social Work Case Manager
- CMC – Care Manager Certified
- MSW – Masters of Social Work
- LGSW – Licensed Graduate Social Worker
- LCSW-C – Licensed Certified Social Worker-Clinical (in MD)
- LICSW – Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (in DC)
- LISW – Licensed Independent Social Worker (in DC)
- BSN – Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- RN – Registered Nurse
- MPH – Masters of Public Health
- MSN – Masters of Science in Nursing
- MS – Masters of Science
- NHA – Nursing Home Administrator
- JD – Juris Doctor
- CDP – Certified Dementia Practitioner